Church Lawton Memorial Hall was built to commemorate residents that gave their lives in the First and Second World Wars. It was officially opened in October 1953 by Mr R.G Lawton. After a well used community hall for many years, the wooden shaling was no longer able to meet the demands of building legislation.
From heroic fund raising and a contribution from the National Lottery Fund a new purpose built brick building opened in July 2000 to provide residents of Church Lawton and surrounding areas, a facility for organisations and groups of all ages and interests to meet.
It has since been extended with the addition of a lounge area and treatment rooms.
The award of Honorary President, the highest accolade awarded to any member of the committee throughout its history, for duties to the local community was made to the late Mrs Annette Cooper. Who after 20 years of managing the village hall voluntarily, created a heritage of leadership, personal development and happiness throughout our community far and wide.
Overcoming difficulties with building regulations and heroic fund raising, Annette's proudest moment was to see the new purpose built brick building, opened in 2000, her fondest memories were that people enjoyed themselves and the dedication provided by a team of volunteers making Lawton Hall the social heart of the Community. There is now a defibrillator (AED) situated at the hall in memory of Annette for the community in the event of an emergency.